The National Organization of Portuguese Americans (NOPA) is interviewing candidates to place into an internship with the U.S. Commercial Service in Lisbon Portugal.
The U.S. Commercial Service assists U.S. companies entering the Portuguese market and helps Portuguese firms in their efforts to profit from their alliances with American companies either by representing American manufactures, utilizing American products, or through joint venture arrangements. To support these objectives, the office analyzes information on the Portuguese market, facilitates contacts with Portuguese businesses, promotes US products in the Portuguese marketplace, and advocates US business interests.
In order to participate in this program candidates must meet the following qualifications:
• Passing the US government background check (every intern has to give detailed personal information for a security check)
• Availability for at least 3 months
• Enrolment at a university or institute of higher education
• Fluency of the Portuguese and English languages
• Good communication and computer skills
Selection is made without regard to considerations of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, or handicap. Every intern has to receive a positive security check by the U.S. Government prior to the start of his/her internship.
Payment and Insurance
This internship is a volunteer service. Federal regulations prohibit financial compensation. An official letter of recommendation will be provided. Most universities will award 3-6 credits for a completed internship. No federal government liability is assumed.
How to apply
The application (at least 4 months in advance) must include:
• Cover Letter: Why the candidate wants to be an intern, what you have to offer and how you hope to benefit from the internship.
• Resume: Future goals, computer skills, past experience, including academic accomplishments, citizenship, and year of studies.
• Proof of student status at a university or institute of higher education
• References: names and contact information or letter of reference
For your planning
The internship will be at least 3 months, starting dates are flexible.
Candidates must submit their internship application via email to email@example.com, or call 703-389-3512 if you have any questions.
NOPA is a national non-profit, non-partisan, tax-exempt organization created to empower and address the many growing needs of the Portuguese-American community living in the United States.
Headquartered in the Greater Washington DC Region, NOPA conducts applied research, policy analysis, advocacy, and providing a Portuguese-American perspective in critical policy areas. NOPA provides Portuguese advocacy and capacity-building assistance to its affiliates who work at the state and local level to advance opportunities for individuals and families.